Kawakawa bread! It’s a long time coming. This super plant kawakawa has made several appearances on this blog. The peppermint after-taste makes this booze bread truly remarkable. JD scored high with this one!
JD’s easy herbed booze bread
- 3 cups self raising flour
- 20 kawakawa leaves, chopped
- bunch of basil leaves, chopped
- 4 pieces sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 330ml Rekorderlig Orange Ginger Cider
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C / 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, mix and form a dough.
- Grease bread tin (we use silicone loaf pan) with oil from the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Put the dough in the pan and bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.