Spaghetti with chicken sausages and rosemary-flavoured cherry tomatoes
Author: Dolly Rubiano
- 1-2 tablespoons heat-resistant olive oil
- 6 chicken sausages, skin removed then sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves roughly chopped
- 2 small white onions or equivalent amount of leeks, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic
- glug of inexpensive sweet white wine
- home-made tomato sauce ala Marcella Hazan *
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fry sausages in oil over medium heat. Set aside.
- Using remaining oil in the pan, cook the cherry tomatoes with rosemary, salt and pepper until wrinkly but not soggy. Set aside.
- Add more oil if needed to sauté garlic and onion (I used leeks).
- Add white wine and simmer until reduced in half.
- Add the sausages and tomato sauce. Continue to simmer over low heat until you can taste the incredibly yummy chicken sausage flavour in the sauce.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn off heat and add the cherry tomatoes.
- Garnish with rosemary.
Read the story behind the recipe.